Next regular municipal election is May 14th, 2019, as Gunnison holds their elections on the second Tuesday in odd-numbered years.
UNDER CONSTRUCTION Contact us to pass along info or to ask how to become a volunteer researcher.
- City Council: 3 Dem, 2 Rep
- Mayor: Dem (mayor is not elected by voter, but elected by council vote)
- County: Gunnison County
- School Districts: Gunnison Watershed RE1J
- State House: HD 59 (D)
- State Senators: SD 5 (D)
- Congressional: CD 3 (R)
- Gunnison City Charter
- Gunnision City Code
- Official City Council Webpage
- Official City Clerk Webpage
- Elections are the second Tuesday of May in odd-numbered years.
- Terms are 4 years; limited to no more than 12 consecutive years.
- Mayor is not an elected position. Mayor is elected via city council vote.
- Every 2 years 3 seats are up for vote
- Top 2 vote-receivers get 4-year terms.
- 3rd place receives a 2-year term
|Title||Name||Party|| Next Election
|Contact||2019 Margin||2017 Margin||2015 Margin||2013 Margin||2011 Margin|
|At-Large||Bob Drexel||Republican||2019|| 970.641.8140
|At-Large|| Jim Gelwicks
|At-Large||Mallory Logan||Democrat||2019|| 970.641.8140
|At-Large|| Jim Miles
|At-Large||Leia Morrison||Democrat||2019|| 970.641.8140
Gunnison holds their regular municipal elections on the 2nd Tuesday in May. In 2019 that date will be May 14th, 2019.
3 At-Large seats will be up (out of the total of 5 seats
Incumbents Bob Drexel, Mallory Logan, and Leia Morrison are all eligible for re-election. If re-elected, this will be Drexel's final term, and Logan's and Morrison's second terms.
Candidate petitions circulate between 91 days prior to the election, to be turned in 71 days prior.
- Start February 12th, 2019
- Turn in by 5pm on March 4th, 2019
(i) = incumbent
|Seat||Name||Party||Total Contributions||Total Expenditures||Total Cash On Hand||Total PACs||Notable Individuals|