Live/work/spend time in Walsenburg or know it well? Help us develop this page.
- City Council: 3 D, 2 R, 1 Unaffiliated (1 Vacant)
- Mayor: D
- County: Huerfano County
- School Districts: Huerfano RE-1
- State House: HD 62 (D)
- State Senator: SD 35 (R)
- Congressional: CD 3 (R)
Walsenburg City Council
- Official Site
- Mayor is elected at-large from its own candidate pool.
- Mayor serves a 2-year term.
- There are 6 council seats divided between 3 wards, with staggered elections within each ward.
- Council members have 4-year terms.
- The City Clerk is an elected position, serving 2-year terms, up to 3 consecutive terms (6 consecutive years).
- Elections are November of odd years.
|Title||Name||Party|| Next Election
|Contact||2019 Margin||2017 Margin||2015 Margin||2013 Margin||2011 Margin|
|Mayor||James P. Eccher||Democrat||2019||
| 23.32% (61.66%%)
Craig Lessar 38.34%
|Ward 1||Clint Boehler||Republican||2021||UNOPPOSED|
|Ward 1||Greg Daniels||Democrat||2019||X|
|Ward 2||James Hudgens||Unaffiliated||2021|| 19.82% (59.91%)
J. Brian LaLander 40.09%
|Ward 2||Dennis Hoyt||Republican||2019||X|
|Ward 3||Charles Montoya||Democrat||2021||UNOPPOSED|
|Mayor||Craig Lessar||Republican||Current Ward 2 and Pro-Tem|
|Mayor||James Eccher (i)||Democrat|
|1||Clint Boehler (i)||Republican|
|3||Charles Montoya (i)||Democrat|