Colorado Springs 11
Colorado Springs 11 Demographics
Colorado Springs 11 Superintendent
Colorado Springs 11 School Board
On November 7th, 2017, a total of 4 seats will be up. 3 seats are for 4-year terms; 1 seat is a 2-year term.
There is one ballot measure specific to the district.
|2-year term||Mary Coleman (i)||Democrat||UNOPPOSED|
|4-year term||Morgan Chavez||?||Planned Parenthood Votes Colorado Reproductive Rights, Health and Education Candidate|
|4-year term||Julie Ott||Unaffiliated||Planned Parenthood Votes Colorado Reproductive Rights, Health and Education Candidate|| Website |
|4-year term||Shawn Gullixson (i)||Unaffiliated|
|4-year term||Elmer "Jim" Mason (i)||Unaffiliated|| Website |
|Efrem Harris||Unaffiliated||TRACER file still active, but not on school board list|
3E - Mill Levy Override
Shall School District 11 taxes be increased $42 million dollars annually which shall be used to fund educational needs including but not limited to:
- Attracting and retaining high quality teachers and support staff, not to include administrators, by offering salaries and benefits that are competitive with other school districts;
- Extending the life of existing schools by repairing, maintaining, and modernizing aging buildings;
- Expanding technology access to more students by upgrading and replacing outdated computers and equipment;
- Improving student safety and security by adding a school resource officer at every middle school;
- Supporting student success by providing more school counselors, nurses, psychologists, or social workers; and
- Reducing long-term interest costs by paying off existing debt sooner;
The district shall ensure accountability with a Citizens Oversight Committee which shall annually review and report to the public on the use of funds; for 2019 and thereafter shall such revenues be adjusted annually for inflation; and shall the district be allowed to collect, retain and spend the full amount of these revenues as a voter approved revenue change and shall the mill levy authorized by this question be excluded from previous limits which would otherwise apply?