Colorado elections project
Local elections often have a greater effect on our lives than the big national elections. All K-12 public schools are governed by local school boards that have great influence over our children's education. Most police, fire, and emergency services are provided by city or county governments. Despite their critical importance, most local elections have very poor voter participation and turnout.
Though this site cannot directly drive voter turnout, we believe that an informed electorate will be more active and make better choices. Our role is to make election information readily available to anyone looking for it.
There are over 500 election districts in Colorado at many levels including federal, state, city, county, school board, judicial and rural electric. We have divided our site into those main divisions.
Contact us to pass along info or to ask how to become a volunteer researcher.
Upcoming Elections - Districts, Dates and Candidates
Our 2019-2020 Research Priorities (See where you can help too!)
- 2018 Caucus Process in Colorado. Dates, rules, purposes, etc.
2018 Spring Elections
- 2018 Elections Portal (includes municipal offices and special districts)
2018 Fall Elections
- 2018 Elections in Colorado.
- Portal to all Colorado Elections on November 7, 2017
- City Council and Mayoral elections
- School Board elections
Governments and Officials in Colorado
Information on government organization, current office holders and demographics.
- Federal level elected and appointed officials.
- State level elected officials in Colorado.
- Judicial District Level (multi-county) appointed and elected positions in Colorado.
- City and municipal elected officials in Colorado.
- Special Districts, including Metropolitan.
- County level elected officials in Colorado.
- School boards in Colorado.
- Sheriffs in Colorado.
About the Colorado Elections project
Because civic knowledge is vital to our communities!
- The people behind the Colorado Election Project
- How we research local elections (plus links to demo pages for Wiki Editors)
- See where we immediately need assistance
- Please tell us anything we are missing in Missing Information.
- Anything you have that we've missed or wish to express feedback, email us: email@example.com
- Come play in our Sandbox. Editors can demo formats and users can evaluate.
- Check your voter registration and find your respective districts (external link)