Englewood School District 1 District Info
|Students||County||Graduation Rate||# of Schools||Operating Budget||Source|
|3000||Arapahoe||9|| 2016/2017 FY Adopted Budget |
(Scant in info)
Englewood School District 1 Superintendent
|Name||When First Voted In||Salary||Contract Ends||Contact|
| Dr. Wendy Rubin
|Summer 2016||(Cannot confirm)||(Cannot confirm)|| 303.806.2010 |
Englewood School District 1 School Board
- No Compensation
- Term: 4 years; 2 consecutive terms
|District||Name||Party||Next Election||Contact|| 2017 Results
|| 2015 Results
30.10% turnout (Arapahoe County)
| 2013 Results
37.14% turnout (Arapahoe County)
| 2011 Results
43.41% turnout (Arapahoe County)
| 2009 Results|
31.05% turnout (Arapahoe County)
|At-Large||Tena Prange||Democrat||2021|| (720) 384-3626
|At-Large||Sharon Scheminske||Republican||2019|| (303) 669-7501
|X||Won with 34.61%||X|| Won with 35.03%
|At-Large||Kevin Ebert||Republican||2019|| (303) 719-9900
|X||Won with 33.81%||X|| Won with 33.48%
(Thomas J. O'Connor)
|At-Large||Jen Hubbard||Democrat||2021|| (303) 324-4162
| Won with 31.58%
|X|| Won with 31.5%
|At-Large||Caty Husbands||Democrat||2021|| (303) 328-7929
Expanded Election Results
|2017 Results||2015 Results||2013 Results||2011 Results|
| Jennifer Hubbard 25%
Tena Prange 24.05%
Caty Husbands 23.05%
Todd Fahnestock 15.74%
Carl Montegna Jr. 12.18%
| Sharon Scheminske 34.61%
Kevin M. Ebert 33.81%
Dagan Thomas 31.58%
|ELECTION CANCELLED|| Vicki Howard 35.03% |
Thomas J. O'Connor 33.48%
(Cliff) Duane Tucker 31.50%
- 2015 election still proceeded even though there were only 3 candidates for 3 slots.
- But 2013 election was cancelled with only 2 candidates for 2 slots. Incumbent Gene Turnbull was a third candidate running, but he passed away 2 months prior to the election.
- Yet 2011 elections proceeded despite 3 candidates for 3 slots.
- Cannot find useable info or results on the 2009 election, but can ID who assumed one of the two open seats--Gene Turnbull. Can feasably presume Scott Gorsky won the other seat.
- The was some musical chairs around 2009. Apparently Gene Turnbull, Scott Gorsky, and Michelle Gonzalez each were incumbents going into the 2013 elections, even though only two seats in the regular rotation were up. One may have been a special election, but cannot tell for certain.
- Michelle Gonzalez resigned in 2010, which lead to the appointment of Thomas "Tom" O'Connor.
Local Special Interest Groups
3 At-Large seats are up for vote. Jason Sakry, who is eligible for re-election, is not running.
|At Large||Todd Fahnestock||Democrat||Planned Parenthood Votes Colorado Reproductive Rights, Health and Education Candidate|
|At-Large||Jennifer Hubbard||Democrat||Anti-Voucher (Source: Hubbard)|
|At-Large||Carl Montegna Jr.||Republican||Anti-Voucher (Source: Montegna)|
|At Large||Catherine "Caty" Husbands||Democrat|
|At-Large||Tena Prange (i)||Democrat||Anti-Voucher (Source: Prange)|
|At-Large||Richard Emmelhainz||Unaffiliated||Owner of ChurchPartner.com and PrivateSchoolPartner.com|