Have more information about the Town of New Castle? This project depends on crowd-sourced information. Contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
New Castle Overview
New Castle Demographics
New Castle Town Council
There are no offices up for vote. Their regular municipal office elections are the first Tuesday after the first Monday in April of even years.
However there is one ballot measure specific to the Town of New Castle on November 7th, 2017.
Ballot Issue 2A - Taxes for Recreation & Safety
Shall the town of New Castle's taxes be increased by $330,000.00 annually (first full fiscal year increase) and by whatever additional amounts are raised annually thereafter for the following purposes:
- Promote public safety by funding New Castle Police Department expenses for vehicles, training and equipment;
- Develop a plan to create a playing field and field house complex to support our community's young athletes and their families;
- Maintain and expand New Castle's recreation programs and facilities;
- Support community volunteer groups which create programs, activities, and events for arts, culture, recreation, education, and celebrations of New Castle; and
- Market and brand New Castle through improved signage, way finding, internet content, social media and advertising, with the aim of increasing revenue for the above objectives;
With said revenues being allocated according to the advice of a citizens advisory group appointed by the New Castle Town Council and generated by imposing a one-time use tax at purchase of 3.5% of the retail value of any motor vehicle that requires registration, with said tax to be in effect from January 1, 2018 through and including December 31, 2025, and shall the town be authorized to collect and spend such revenues as a voter approved revenue change notwithstanding any revenue or expenditure limitations contained in Article X, Section 20 of the Colorado Constitution or any other law?