Poudre R-1 Demographics
Poudre R-1 Superintendent
|Name||When First Voted In||Salary||Contract Ends||Contact|
| Sandra Smyser
| 970-490-3607 |
- Latest pay bump is equivalent to increases in teacher pay.
Poudre R-1 School Board
|District||Name||Party||Next Election||Contact|| 2017 Results
|| 2015 Results
|| 2013 Results
|| 2011 Results
|| 2009 Results|
|A||VACANT||2019|| X 1
1 (Kipp resigned to fill vacancy for State Rep for District 52)
|B||Nate Donovan||Democrat||2019|| 970-213-9200
|C||Kristen Draper||Democrat||2021|| 970-237-1549
| 30.58% (65.29%)
John Clarke 34.71%
|F||Rob Petterson||Unaffiliated||2019|| 970-218-7722
|G||VACANT||2019|| X 1
1 (Gutowsky resigned to fill vacancy on Fort Collins city council)
On November 7th, 2017, 3 seats are up for vote (Districts C, D, and E). Two incumbents running are unopposed, so have been automatically re-elected (Febvre and Reed, of Districts D and E respectively). District C is a race without an incumbent, between challengers John Clarke and Kristen Draper.
There are no Ballot Measures.
|District C||John Clarke||Republican||See below for more info|
|District C||Kristen Draper||Democrat|| Endorsed by Cathy Kipp and David Trask
Endorsed by fmr. Congresswoman Betsy Markey
Planned Parenthood Votes Colorado Reproductive Rights, Health and Education Candidate
| Website |
|District D||Christophe Febvre (i)||Democrat||Automatic Re-Election|
|District E||Carolyn Reed (i)||Democrat||Automatic Re-Election|
- The Coloradoan Op-Ed, 11/2014. Worked on a campaign to defeat a fracking moratorium in Loveland
- The Coloradoan Op-Ed, 10/2017. In comments section, Clark denies working as an O&G Lobbyist "I spent about 3 months working on a campaign to defeat a fracking moratorium in Loveland, I am not a paid lobbyist for the oil and gas industry!"
- Facebook profile. Friends include:
- Ken Clark, Regional Director of the Convention of States Project, which advocates for a Constitutional Convention.
- Debbie Healy, Assistant to the President and Regional Development Director of the Family Research Council, an anti-LGBT and pro-life organization.
- Randy Coporon, 2012 alum of Leadership Program of the Rockies; has a blog at the Arapahoe Tea Party.
- Angela Dougan, Grassroots Director for Americans for Prosperity (Koch).
- Julie Williams, recalled JeffCo School Board member and pro-reform.
- Frank McNulty, major donor to reformer candidates in school board races such as DougCo, JeffCo, and Thompson. Founder of lobbying and campaign consulting firm Square State Strategy Group.
- Nancy Rumfelt, director of Liberty Watch (archive from January 2017) and pro-reform (conservative coverage, on a blog written by pro-reform, pro-gun group Independence Institute).
- Donna Rice, on Thompson R-2J School Board (up for vote in 2017, but she isn't filed). A pro-reformer, endorsed by Liberty Watch in 2013.
- Kitty Wild, Tea Party Patriot (page cached). Trump supporter. Independence Institute connections.
- Evelyn King, a mentor through the Thompson School District, yet is heavily critical of the district, especially of teachers. In a pro-Trump group on Facebook.
- Dustin Zvonek, Regional Director for Americans For Prosperity, previously the director for the state of Colorado.
- Amy Oliver, Executive VP at Independence Institute.
- Registered Agent of Clark's TRACER Filing.
- Former Larimer County GOP Chair (1999-2007). Resigned to serve an 18-month mission in Canada for his congregation.
- Facebook profile
- Member of Facebook groups such as: I support reform for Thompson (pro ed-reform for Thompson R-2J), Coloradans for Real Education Reform, I support Donald Trump, Hillary For Jail, I AM THE TEA PARTY!, The Tea Party, American Majority, Breitbart, Obama is the Worst President in US History, Americans For Prosperity - Colorado, Leadership Program of the Rockies, Citizens United, Energy Citizens (pro-offshore drilling), Atlas Shrugged The Movie, Stop Amnesty, The New Resistance (a conservative group that makes fun of anti-Trump resisters), Alliance Defending Freedom (group for Christian theocracy)