Green Valley Ranch Metropolitan District
Green Valley Ranch Metropolitan District (also known colloquially as GVR Metro District) has boundaries east of Tower Road, north of 38th Street, south of Green Valley Ranch Boulevard, and west of Picadilly Road. Map here.
- Metro District: 3 Dem, 3 Unaffiliated, 1 Vacancy
- Counties: Denver County, Adams County (tiny sliver in southeast)
- School Districts: Denver Public Schools, Aurora Public Schools (tiny sliver in southeast)
- State House: HD 7, HD 30 (tiny sliver in southeast)
- State Senate: SD 33, SD 25 (tiny sliver in southeast)
- Congressional: CD 1, CD 6 (tiny sliver in southeast)
Information from the Green Valley Ranch Page on Statistical Atlas. Checked against the boundary map of the Metro District, and broke it down by Tracts on Statistical Atlas. There are two Tracts within the Metro District: 008390 and 008391. The figures below are from the two tracts being averaged together.
- Population: 16,394
- 0-17: 32.35%
- 40-64: 29.75%
- 22-39: 26%
- 65+: 6.46%
- 18-21: 5.44%
- Some College: 24.35%
- High School: 22.15%
- Less than High School: 14.45%
- Bachelor's: 14.4%
- Some High School: 9.55%
- Associate's: 8.35%
- Master's: 3.7%
- None: 1.4%
- Professional: 1.3%
- Doctorate: 0.6%
- Hispanic: 45.5% (Their figures excluded Black and Asian Hispanics)
- Black: 28.5%
- White: 16.5%
- Mixed: 4.2%
- Asian: 4.05%
- Other: 1.2%
District Board of Directors
- Official Website
- Directors are elected positions and can be found via TRACER, searching under the jurisdiction of Denver County.
- Regular elections are every even year, on the first Tuesday in the first full week of May.
- Terms are 4 years.
- If there are fewer candidates than open positions, the election is cancelled and the candidates are sworn in as Directors.
|Title||Name||Party|| Next Election
May 8th, 2018
|Contact||2018 Margin||2016 Margin||2014 Margin||2012 Margin||2010 Margin|
|Director|| Fenna Tanner
|Director|| Matt Stallman
|Director|| Michael George
|Director|| Roger Rohrer
|Director|| Anthony Noble
(Appointed in 2016)
1 (Michael Haskins)
|Director||Tim Camarillo||Democrat||2020|| 303-307-3240
(Will be left vacant and filled with the 2018 Election process)
(Normal cycle is 2020)
The regular special district election will take place May 8th, 2018. Normally in this cycle 3 seats would be up, but with a vacancy the Board of Directors decided to let the regular election decide who fills the seat rather than appoint it. Therefore the seat shall remain vacant for nearly 7 months (Brack leaving in mid-October 2017), and 4 seats will be on the ballot.
As of January 21st, 2018, no filings for Green Valley Ranch Metropolitan District have been made through TRACER.